The skills show is an excellent opportunity for young people to explore what is available to them in relation to Education, Training, Apprenticeships as well as giving individuals the chance to try out new skills and discover more about what they have to offer.
- 70,738 visitors over the three days as well as 847 school and college groups.
- 57 Have a Go activities, in careers ranging from forensic science to tiling
- 62 national skills competition finals, featuring 504 competitors
- 201 Spotlight speakers delivering 155 talks on the real world of work
- 51 Showcase performances demonstrating amazing talents
- More than 18,000 visits to the National Careers Service advice hubs
The research also noted the following responses from visitors:
- 94% of adults and 85% of young people would recommend that a peer visited The Skills Show
- 91% of adults and 89% of young people enjoyed The Skills Show
- Two thirds of those attending The Skills Show said it helped to improve their knowledge of vocational education
- 72% of young people agree that The Skills Show has changed their impression of vocational education for the better
- 72% of young people agree that The Skills Show has made them more interested in pursuing vocational education
Pathway Group have been invited to attend and are exhibiting this year at the NEC between the 14th – 16th November, this is a fantastic opportunity for young people and their families to find out more about what we and other education and training providers can offer.
Pathway Group works closely with each young person, to identify their next steps, whether that is taking up an apprenticeship, signing up for Foundation Learning or the Advance Programme. We have staff that are experienced, qualified and focused on helping young people to realise and release their full potential.
We work closely with employers to identify staffing and recruitment needs and a Business Adviser will discuss how apprenticeships can benefit the future growth and development of their business and also to support them during the initial weeks of the apprentice starting.
Come and meet us at The Skills Show to find out more about what we do – we look forward to meeting you – please book directly via http://www.theskillsshow.com/book-the-skills-show/
For more information about our services please visit call us on 0121 707 0550.