Retail Skills Level 2
The retail award covers a wide ranging catchment of retail outlets from fashion to homewares and from cars to caravans, this is the first stop you should make on your journey to a successful career in the retail industry. From baking to butchery, merchandising to management this award has it all. You’ll gain skills in the area of retail you are passionate about and with added skills in maths, English and ICT you’ll be well on your way to becoming a successful retailer on completion of this award.
Structure of apprenticeship
- Work effectively in your retail team
Optional Units Include
- Maximise product sales in a retail environment
- Prepare newspapers and magazines for return to the merchandiser
- Promote beauty products to retail customers
- Process bake-off products for sale in a retail environment
- Process fish and shellfish for sale in a retail environment
- Cash up in a retail store
- Display stock to promote sales to customers in a retail environment
- Check stock levels and sort out problems with stock levels in a retail store
- Provide a counter/take-away service
- Audit stock levels and stock inventories in a retail environment
You will develop technical knowledge and will show competence through work activities. Assessments involves observation of the duties carried out and a range of other methods; including witness statements, professional discussions and reflective accounts, written reports and computer based assignments in the work place. You will work with your assessor to gain a work based qualification and will work with an electronic portfolio that enables you to demonstrate your skills practically.