Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
The Focus Awards Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (RQF) is aimed at those learners who have completed the level 2 qualification. The purpose of this qualification builds on the existing knowledge and understanding gained from the level 2 qualification, therefore enables learners to expand the scope of their technical skills for employment as a beauty therapist. They will learn how to plan prepare and deliver level 3 beauty treatments safely and correctly in accordance with health and safety regulations and legislation.
Learners must achieve 3 mandatory units totalling 17 credits. A minimum of 22 credits must be achieved from the remaining optional units to create a total credit value for this qualification of 39 credits.
Learner Entry Requirements
Learners should be competent in literacy and numeracy to help with elements of communication. This is at the discretion of the centre as they may decide to use diagnostic testing methods to ascertain how they can support learners. Learners should also have completed the level 2 beauty therapy qualification.
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Salon Management (RQF)
- Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management (RQF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Micropigmentation (RQF)
- Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy (RQF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Permanent Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation (RQF)
- Level 4 Award in Skin Blemish Removal (RQF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatments (RQF)
You can download the Purpose Statement here
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.