- AWALT – ‘All Women Are Like That’ – this is used to generalise women in a negative way.
- Beta – This is used to describe a man who is physically or mentally weak and is the opposite of an ‘alpha male’.
- Betabuxx – The term is used to describe a man who finds a partner. However, incels believe that the man is financially supporting the woman whilst she finds sexual fulfilment elsewhere, usually with a ‘Chad’.
- Blackpill – Blackpill is the nihilistic viewpoint that men are systemically oppressed, and think that the only solution to overcome this would be by a drastic change of the society we live in through violent means.
- Chad – Chad is used to describe a man who is handsome, intelligent and charismatic. Chads are ultimately the opposites of incels and can be admired and loathed in some circles.
- Cope – Another nihilistic ideology. Cope is used to describe people who work to improve themselves by dieting or exercising for example. The idea is that all this is a way to ‘cope’ with their situation and is a temporary fix.
- Cuck – The term was not created by incels, but cuck is an abbreviation of the word cuckold which is used to describe a the husband of an adulterous wife.
- Currycel – This is used to describe incels of south Asian descent.
- Fakecel – Used to describe an incel who has had sex.
- Femoid – A term used to describe women.
- Gymcel – An incel who uses exercise and the gym to ‘cope’.
- Heightcel – An incel who is involuntary celibate because they are short.
- Ricecel- A word used to describe incels of east Asian descent.
- Stacey – A Stacey is an unintelligent, attractive and promiscuous woman. Memes in incel circles often depict a Stacey and Chad in a relationship together.
- Tyrone – A term used to describe a black ‘Chad’. Memes usually depict a Tyrone as a racist caricature.
What is Involuntary Celibate?
An Involuntary Celibate, is a person who desires a romantic or sexual relationships but has difficulty forming them despite their desire.