The Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology is aimed at those learners wishing to develop their practical skills in providing manicure and pedicure treatments and applying and maintaining nail enhancements.
The Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology is a substantial vocational qualification that will prepare you for a career as a nail technician.
This qualification is designed to support you to gain employment as a nail technician, including all the required elements to work effectively as a nail technician including, mandatory units covering the following:
- Providing manicures and pedicures
- Applying and maintaining nail enhancements
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Maintaining personal health and well-being
- Health and safety and client care
You will also have the opportunity to further develop your understanding and skills by completing specialist units:
- Design and apply Nail Art
- Enhance nails using electric files
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Display stock to promote sales in a salon
The structure of this qualification provides you with the flexibility to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills required to become a nail technician.
Throughout this qualification, you will develop your knowledge and
understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety,
client care and nail products and equipment.
Develop a range of technical skills enabling you to provide a variety of nail enhancement treatments using different techniques. Along with interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
Throughout the qualification, you will develop new skills, which you will need to demonstrate, through the presentation of different forms of evidence, that you can meet the requirements and standards of each unit, within the qualification:
- Your performance will be observed by your assessor when providing practical treatments
- You will complete projects and written assignments
- Respond to oral and written questions
- Complete client record cards, detailing the treatments and taking photographs demonstrating the skills you have gained
|Awarding Body||Focus Awards|
|Guided Learning Hours||450|
|Assessment Method||This qualification is assessed by portfolio of evidence.|
|Funding||Funding available via an Advanced Learning Loan.|