Pathway Group is pleased to announce that we are continuing to work in collaboration with Birmingham City Council in order to achieve the goal of tackling youth unemployment in Birmingham.
Young Talent for Business – Birmingham Job’s Fund
The Young Talent for Business enables businesses to open up Apprenticeship and non-Apprenticeship opportunities. The initiative is using the council’s ‘Birmingham Jobs Fund’ money to provide financial incentives for businesses recruiting Birmingham’s young people.
Specifically, employers may have access to the following:
- £1,500 to employers recruiting to an apprenticeship vacancy
- £2,275 to employers recruiting to a non-apprenticeship vacancy
- help for employers to find suitable candidates from a pool of bright and talented young people
This campaign highlights the fact that it’s a good time for employers to get involved – as well as having help and support to access a pool of young people, employers can claim up to £3,000 (through the Birmingham Jobs Fund and the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers) for taking on a young person.
Young Talent for Business is supported by Birmingham City Council, National Apprenticeship Service and Department for Work and Pensions. Under this scheme Pathway will work closely with employers to ensure that young people in the city are able to access vacancies and apprenticeship opportunities.
We are able to provide financial incentives for businesses that are recruiting Birmingham’s young people and fulfil the following criteria:
- Aged 16 to 24, at least 1 Day unemployed
- Aged 16 to 18 (Not in Employment, Education or Training), at least 1 Day unemployed
- Aged 18 to 24, 1 Day unemployed (claiming JSA/ESA/IS or UC* Benefit) if living in Washwood Heath, Aston, Sparkbrook, Bordesley Green, Lozells & East Handsworth, Nechells or Soho wards
- Aged 18 to 24, at least 3 months unemployed (claiming JSA/ESA/IS or UC* Benefit) if living outside the above-mentioned wards
Lastly, any Apprentices and Non-Apprentices recruited must be residing in a Birmingham Local Authority Post Code to be eligible.
If you are an employer interested in advertising Apprenticeship opportunities or want to recruit apprentices for your business, please contact us on 0121 707 0550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily guide you through the process.