Open for Business as a Community Venture
- Founded by a group of like minded social entrepreneurs including our current CEO Safaraz Ali to deliver English Language training to Refugees and Asylum Seekers working in partnership with a number of Further Education Colleges.
From Local to Regional
- Rapid expansion of services led to opening of a number of centres across the West Midlands and a strategic partnership with the British Refugee Council and a number of Home Office accommodation and support agencies.
The End of an Era & Start of a New Journey
- Due to changes in Government priorities with community learning and ESOL provision this part of our service came to an abrupt halt. The Community Business was closed down and started again as a separate company; with a new registration with Companies House delivering Community Legal Services Kite Mark Provision.
Setting the Building Block
- Obtained approval with Investors in People, ISO 9001, Matrix and DFES registration as a ‘College’.
- Gained approval with multiple awarding bodies.
- Started delivering Health and Social Care to International Students working with Nursing and Residential Care Homes across the country; delivering NVQ level 3 and level 4 qualifications.
- Delved into Employer Training Pilots for work based delivery in partnership with FE Colleges and other primes.
One Door Closes Another Opens
- Changes in Home office rules led to slow down in International activity, However, Government priority focused on skills in the workforce with the recommendations of the Leitch Report.
- We embarked on delivering basic skills literacy and numeracy as well as significant numbers of levels 2-3 vocational qualifications under the Train2Gain provision.
It's All About Performance
- A focus on building a dynamic team with recruitment of key members of staff including our current Chair Alan Hill and senior team members Sajad Ali and Shaheed Ladak.
- Maintaining focus on quality by embedding systems and processes allowing us to scale our provision.
Our First Foray Into Apprenticeships
- Started working with a number of partners and delivered Health and Social Care and leadership and management apprenticeship programmes.
- ESF delivery in Leicestershire in partnership with Leicester City Council and New College Nottingham.
Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
- Commenced delivery of the Work Programme in both Birmingham and Walsall working as part of NCG supply chain on an end-to-end basis.
- Delivered pre-employment training by working with Job Centres and created Sector Based Academies in Health and Social Care and Logistics.
Growing Our Portfolio - We Became a Prime
- Secured a direct contract with the SFA with a value of £500,000 to deliver new Apprenticeship provision alongside the current partnership activities.
- Provision of career services as a Next Step (National Career Service) provider.
- Doubled staffing members including the addition of Cathy Kubiak, Baljit Purewal, Salim Ravat and Ahsan Husain.
- The creation of a business networking and events brand: Pathway2Grow - Network, Learn & Grow.
Joint Ventures, Partnerships & Diversification
- Working with APM in the delivery of the Advance Programme (Innovation Fund) placing over 215 NEETs into employment.
- Working with PeoplePlus on the Supporting Families programme helping 'troubled' families to move towards work and wider engagement.
- Growth in partnership delivery on an ‘end to end’ and associate basis, with over 15 partnerships, delivering the Study Programme, Response to Redundancy, and Workforce Solutions - under the Adult Education Budget.
Consolidation, Gearing Up & Celebration
- Recognition gained for success in the Work Programme, Employability Skills for unemployed customers achieved a 96% conversion rate, 61% job entries and 58% achievement and sustained jobs.
- Acceleration of vocational qualification with 1265 learners: achieved an overall success rate of 96.7% in addition the Employability programmes achieve a 100% success rate.
- Additional awards obtained for Customer Service, Audit Outcomes and Best Subcontract Partner.
- Addition of key members to the team Stephen Wallis - Finance Director and William Shaw -Business Development Director.
From Regional to National
- Partnerships are paying fruition with substantial delivery of ESF contracts: Work Place Learning, Skills Support for the Workforce, Skills Support for the Unemployed, Skills Support for Redundancy, Skills Support for the Work Programme and English and Maths delivery.
- Delivered ESF skills solutions to over 3000 learners across 300 companies in a wide range of sectors including Manufacturing, Creative & Digital, Health & Social Care and the Hospitality sector.
- Working across multiple regions including: Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP, Black Country LEP, Coventry and Warwickshire LEP, D2N2 LEP, Leicester and Leicestershire LEP, Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire LEP. Worcestershire LEP, Solent LEP, Oxfordshire LEP, SEM LEP, Greater London and Greater Manchester LEPs.
- Successful tender and delivery of Birmingham City Councils Youth Promise programme which we branded as ‘Fit for Work’ and delivered in the Warehouse and Logistics sector to young NEETs.
- Addition to the management team of Eddie Cottis – Head of Partnerships and Opportunities and Tracy Evans - Training Manager as well as adding further key members to our delivery operations.
- Growth in the activities of the Pathway2Grow brand with the planning and launch of 'Coffee and Natter' 'Chutney and Chat' and 'Samosa Saturday' business networking events.
Creating Opportunities & Awareness & Celebrating Success
- Engaged with over 30 Prime Contractors in 6 regions on tendering and partnership opportunities.
- Secured direct contracts with the SFA to deliver Advanced Learning Loans and Traineeships.
- Achieved the milestone of 2000 jobs secured within the DWP Welfare to Work Programme across Birmingham and Walsall.
- Commenced delivery on the Youth Promise Plus contract in South Birmingham with a focus on supporting 257 NEETs in to Employment and/or Training.
- Peer MeetUp for training providers launched by Pathway2Grow with Steve Lawrence as the National Director. Specifically aimed at C–Level executives within the employability and skills sector. This is free to attend peer networking event allowing individuals to connect and collaborate.
- William Shaw heads up a separate subsidiary: ‘Care Training Partnership’ (CTP) to deal with the specialist and niche needs of the Care sector. CTP is based in Walsall and holds its own accreditation having its own team of assessors and managers.
- The launch of the Asian Apprenticeships Awards – recognising and celebrating the talent and diversity amongst apprentices within the BME British Asian community, and the employers and learning providers who reach out to them.
- New members added to the Board with a particular focus on Governance and Accountability in addition to the appointment of Project Directors: Isa Mutlib and Kasim Choudhry.
Growing Our Portfolio
- Successful in the new round of ESF activity working with Calderdale College, Learndirect, Skill Training UK, PeoplePlus, Prospects and PET-Xi. Delivering a range of activities including Skills Support for the Workforce, Skills Support for the Unemployed, IAG and NEETs engagement.
- Building our supply chain of partners and associates for delivery of apprenticeships and traineeships as well as developing collaborative delivery models.
- Working with larger national skill solutions providers as part of their managed service provision for the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Successfully refreshed the approval for our Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) - Logistic Training Solutions Ltd.
- Roll out of Apprenticeship Levy delivery under the Apprenticeship reforms, tendering and bidding opportunities with larger Levy paying organisations such as the NHS.
- Care Training Partnership continues to be an endorsed training provider with Skills for Care.
- New addition to the senior management team with the appointment of a new Operations Director Ian Alston and Contracts Manager - Lisa Calder and Project Manager – Nadia Smitheman.