Health & Catering
Hospitality Services Level 2
Entering the world of hospitality can be challenging in many ways. From the heat of a kitchen, to the intense world of front of house and changing shift patterns. This award will assist anyone wishing to enter the sector and develop skills from health and safety and food hygiene to preparing dishes and recommended drinks to accompany meals. In the ever changing world of hospitality, this award is certainly up to date to provide you with the skills required to succeed in the sector.
Combined with maths, English and ICT skills to assist in the workplace the Hospitality Services Level 2 award is ideal for the budding waitress, chef or restaurateur.
Structure of apprenticeship
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
Optional units include:
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Prepare and Finish Simple Salad and Fruit Dishes
- Produce Basic Fish Dishes
- Prepare and serve cocktails
- Maintain cellars and kegs
- Deal with Bookings
You will develop technical knowledge and will show competence through work activities. Assessments involves observation of the duties carried out and a range of other methods; including witness statements, professional discussions and reflective accounts, written reports and computer based assignments in the work place. You will work with your assessor to gain a work based qualification and will work with an electronic portfolio that enables you to demonstrate your skills practically.